Social Media Is ...
an integral part of our world and an important tool for marketing your business.
It has been growing in leaps and bounds since it launched about 15 years ago. Think back, Google was only created in 1998!
People interact with family, friends, read the news, connect with like-minded individuals and professionals, look for job opportunities, interact with brands, etc.
There’s no better place to connect with business professionals than on LinkedIn.
Because 45% of B2B marketers have already won customers through LinkedIn. It’s how ThinkFlame won some of its foundational clients!
It’s a lead-generating giant! Compared to Facebook, LinkedIn generates nearly 300% more B2B leads.
LinkedIn gives you a great platform to make these approaches without being overtly salesy. With some consistent time and effort, you can make into a power team for you and your business.
- Over 772 million users worldwide
- Over 310 million monthly active users
- 57% of LinkedIn traffic is from mobile devices
- Over 36,000 skills are listed on LinkedIn.
Header Images Must Include CTAS
LinkedIn allows you to share different types of content.
- Articles, which can be posted on your profile or on LinkedIn Pulse,
- links to your website,
- and video.
Content on the LinkedIn feed receives about 9 billion impressions per week, but only 3 million users (out of the more than 700 million) share content on a weekly basis. This means that only about 1% of LinkedIn’s 260 million monthly users share posts, and those 3 million or so users net the 9 billion impressions.
Create opportunities by sharing what you can actually do
Is Instagram right for your business?
From gathering insights to selling products, Instagram keeps rolling out tools to help business owners succeed on the photo-sharing social media platform.
With the right marketing strategy, businesses can promote products and services, boost their brand, and increase sales on Instagram.
- 1 billion monthly active users and the number is still growing
- Users spend an average of 30 minutes per day
- 81% of people use Instagram to help research products and services
- More than 50% of Instagram accounts use Explore every month
Posting with Purpose
500 million people use Instagram Stories every day
IG Stories are featured at the TOP of the home feed. Simply add another element to your Story and you’re bumped to the front of the line.
Stories could be in the form of a series of photos or videos. Then everything that you put together for your Story would become a slideshow on Instagram.
Over the last 17 years, Facebook has been steadily growing. Originally started as a messaging site, it has grown to be a mini search engine, online store, and more. Facebook has reached such a massive audience that it’s become impossible for businesses to ignore.
2.60 billion monthly active users and has 1.73 billion users that visit on a daily basis!!
A Facebook Business Page or Public Figure Page is a free opportunity for you (and your business) to increase brand awareness and promote positive word-of-mouth.
Posts come in all sorts of forms such as:
- Info posts
- Cover Photo
- Advertising posts
- Event Cover Photo
- Facebook is the world’s third-most visited website
- 79.9% of Facebook users only access the platform on a mobile device
- 2.4% of Facebook’s audience is aged 25-34
- Only 8.9% of Facebook’s audience is in the U.S.
What do you want your Business to say?
Products Discovery via Facebook
Facebook is connecting people to brands and products. Understanding what the customer is looking for can lead to marketers making it easier for people to discover products on mobile and as a result businesses driving more sales.
Can they hear your message?
Twitter? For business? What is the purpose of Twitter for business?
Stay in the know.
Twitter connects you and your business with what’s happening in the world every day. Learn the latest, real-time trends and invest in social listening. It’s also a great way to get a read on your brand’s public reputation.
- 330 million monthly active users with 145million daily users
- 63% of Twitter users are between 35 and 65 years old
- 67 % of all B2B businesses are using Twitter as a digital marketing tool
- Half a billion tweets are sent out each day; that’s 5,787 tweets per second
How do you want to show up?
4 out of 10 Twitter users carried out a purchase after having come across it on the social media platform!
Did you know that tweets containing 1 or 2 hashtags have 21% higher engagement than those with 3 or more?
It can be tempting to squeeze every hashtag you can think of into a tweet to attract attention — but it seems that’s a really bad idea!
This means you have to be careful and narrow down your hashtag choice to 1 or 2 per tweet (if you were using more than this).
If you don’t use any hashtags, maybe this is the time to start. They are great for visibility and getting your tweets in front of more people.
Video is extremely engaging and useful for many types of businesses. Creating a YouTube channel for your business offers a centralized platform for your audience to view and engage with your videos.
Product reviews, how-tos, and vlogs are among the top three types of videos that get tons of views.
TIP: Trending videos on YouTube are the videos currently getting the most engagement. Going viral is a nice goal but not necessarily the ultimate marker of success, depending on your channel’s audience and tone. It’s about relevance and longevity!
- 2 billion unique YouTube users every month and 30 million daily visitors
- That’s 500 hours of video uploaded every minute
- Mobile dominates among YouTube users with 70% of the total watch time
Bold Visuals to Support Your Brand
Video is one of the top five most used content types among B2B marketers, with 71% of them using it. That means YouTube should be a part of your B2B marketing mix if you’re going to keep up with the competition.
Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is an essential marketing tool for any business with brick and mortar locations.
You can update your business information on Google, appear on Google Maps, allow customers to make reservations at your location (and get directions and call your locations), and engage with existing and potential customers through your Google Reviews.
They say “Google is your friend”. If you’re a business owner or manager, you may want to change that to “Google Search is your best friend”.
- 76% of mobile “near me” searchers visit a related store the same day
- Potential customers will find your business 852 times from discovery searches and 157 times from direct searches
- 64% of consumers use Google My Business to find contact details
Local Searches are Powerful and bring in new Customers
The Top 6 Google My Business Features
- Questions & Answers
- Photos & Videos